行业: Consumer Goods
At Lakeshore, we create innovative learning materials and world-class guest experiences for teachers, parents and children. Since 1954, we’ve grown into a global community—with a thriving e-commerce business, multiple catalogs, 60+ retail stores, a peerless national sales force, plus international offices that support our preeminent supply chain division. But today we’re working better, smarter and faster than ever—and setting our sights even higher. We’re building an infrastructure designed for scalability, embracing data-driven decision-making and using technology to improve efficiency and ensure the best tools for the best work. Most importantly, we continue to invest in a diverse team of inquisitive top talent who fuel each other’s passions and curiosity, take risks, try new things and believe that every new day brings opportunities for growth.
In a time of unprecedented expansion, we are seeking an Engineering Directorto oversee the complex workload of our rapidly evolving Engineering team in the furniture products category. In this role, you will manage Lakeshores engineering work through hands-on coaching, mentoring and critiques. The position requires ensuring the engineering work support company goals of high quality, durability and cost-effectiveness. Applicants should possess a deep understanding of engineering, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels—from interdepartmental peers to company executives.
This position is located in Dongguan City with the ability to work from home.
A day in the office looks like this:
- Engineering leadership to Furniture team in Asia with an emphasis on growing and developing the Engineers’ skills
- Providing engineering expertise with an emphasis on DFMA and ensuring new furniture production meets expectations
- Clearly articulating status and progress of projects to partners and company executives
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with multiple internal and external partners; collaborating with partners to ensure successful production and manufacturing outcomes
- Solving inefficiencies in design and engineering processes
- Providing detailed responses to product and technical requests
- Stay updated with industry trends, regulations, and best practices related to product engineering and safety standards, and incorporate relevant changes into internal policies and procedures
- Leading the Furniture Engineering Team as they troubleshoot throughout the development process
- Responsible for furniture engineering team building, optimize department structure, clarify responsibilities and obligations of each position, and allocate the appropriate personnel to build an efficient team
- Creating a team and culture others want to be a part of
Got the skills and experience? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in the engineering field
- 6+ years of experience managing people/projects
- Excellent communication skills with a keen ability to simplify complex information to drive decision-making
- Bilingual in Chinese and English, with a strong command of English (read, write, speak); other Asian languages a plus
- Furniture expertise across a variety of product types (i.e - task & desk seating, desks & tables, lounge seating, storage & cubbies) and materials (i.e. – engineered & solid wood, laminate & veneer, hardware, upholstery & foam, metal, pneumatic, plastic)
- Knowledge of quality processes, including BIFMA and integrating testing requirements into product design
- Experience with testing equipment, methods and third-party labs; expertise in both industry-standard and proprietary testing to ensure safety, reliability and performance.
- Experience with DFMA to ensure designs are optimized for contract manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles, tools and process improvement methodologies; Demonstrated experience in implementing and maintaining engineering management systems, preferably within a global procurement environment with the OEM productions in China and SEA countries.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work with global teams and collaborate with cross-functional teams and vendors in Asia
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail under pressure.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required, to visit vendors, attend conferences, and perform quality-related activities.
- Structural packaging experience a plus
And here’s our end of the bargain!
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience
- Paid leave for new parents to support work/life balance and family bonding
- Generous employee discount on products that make you smarter
- Casual dress…and we really mean it
We know we couldn’t do the extraordinary things we’re doing without the people on our team. Thanks to the passion and enthusiasm of this spectacular group, Lakeshore is more than a great place to work—it’s a great experience to be part of. Day in and day out, we give everything we’ve got to create products that instill a sense of wonder and foster a true love of learning. To help maintain this high bar for success, we’re constantly on the lookout for people to join us. So if you’re a down-to-earth professional who shares our desire for making a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit www.lakeshorelearning.com/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit and mind-boggling talent—not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 深圳市 广东省, 广东省
⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 肇庆市 广东省, 广东省
⏰ 08-01-2024🌏 清远市 广东省, 广东省
💸 CN¥20,000/mo - CN¥30,000/mo⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 广州市 广东省, 广东省
💸 CN¥8,000/mo - CN¥10,000/mo⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 广州市 广东省, 广东省
⏰ 09-01-2024🌏 清远市 广东省, 广东省
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 肇庆市 广东省, 广东省
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 肇庆市 广东省, 广东省
⏰ 31-12-2023🌏 深圳市 广东省, 广东省